Sunday 10 April 2016

Woman on the Edge

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted on this blog. I was writing work blogs regularly which gave me a false sense of continuity. And it has been a crazy time, with a difficult moving experience. So here I am in Sheffield, living below Brincliffe Edge. I did consider changing the name of my blog, but I loved living near the Nico Ditch, and a piece of my heart is still there. In the months since I last wrote I have been close to the edge, metaphorically and geographically. I wanted less responsibility and some money in the bank. Be careful what you wish for! My house sold but I found myself jobless and homeless, with most of my worldly possessions in storage.In the end it resolved within weeks, but it was very scary. As I downsized from a family home to a two bedroomed flat I sifted, sorted and stored in Granny's attic. I was on first names with the staff at the local tip, and my favourite charity shop told me I'd kept them going through Christmas and the new year! So here I am in Sheffield, old haunts and new experiences after a gap of nearly 23 years. It's all falling into place and I'm working part time, back where I have worked before. I'm planning to get back into writing regularly, I am still doing music reviews and I hope to share something of life in Sheffield as I settle in and start to breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment